SUCCESS IS ACHIEVABLE is a job readiness program offered by Multicultural Community Family Services (MCFS) through a contractual agreement with the Upper Darby Township to serve Upper Darby residents ages eighteen and older who are continuously impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and are experiencing barriers to employment including unemployment, underemployment or without a high school diploma.
The SIA services are offered through Kisasa Institute, the adult education division of the Multicultural Community Family Services.
The program is geared toward equipping eligible enrolled Upper Darby residents to acquire the workforce and educational skills that will align them with high-demand career pathways and opportunities that will enable them to obtain and maintain employment, as well as pursue enrollment into post-secondary education at local colleges or trade schools.
SUCCESS IS ACHIEVABLE is a 12 – 16 weeks program, free for Upper Darby residents age 18+.
- Students work at their own pace
- Individualized instruction
- Partly Free for Upper Darby residents ($150.00 admission fees apply for each certificate course)
- Limited documentations
- Multi-learning medium (in-person, online with multiple devices)
SERVICES WE OFFER:
- Customer Service Certification
- Home Health Aide Certification
- Community Health Worker
- Job Placement
- Resume Writing, Job Search, and Interviewing Skills
- Case Management and Counseling Support
- GED Support
- English as a Second Language (ESL) or English Languish Learners (ELL)
- United States Citizenship Support
- Basic Financial Literacy