Kisasa Institute helps individuals and families gain greater capacity to succeed in their communities.
We envision a world where there is more commitment to self-care and community enrichment in the pursuit of exemplary education.
Individualized Instruction Support and Practice
- We encourage participants to set SMART goals
- We use in-house assessment to drive instruction that participant needs
- Differentiated instruction for cultural relevance and individual need
- Peer to peer interaction
- Participant to instructor interaction
- Weekly progress meeting
- Weekly transportation-SEPTA Key-Card
- Gift Certificate upon completion of the program
- Assistance with obtaining ID-card
- Assistance with obtaining glasses
- Counseling about resources from interns
- Access to instructor/job developer as needed
- Navigating SEPTA Routes and schedules
Connecting with our Community
- Partnering retailers and service providers for participants to gain paid job experience.
- Encouraging field trips to CareerLink workshops and job fairs
- Navigating college admission process and vocational training centers
- Assisting with resume writing, interview skills, job search and ongoing support for one year
As we look to the future of our community, there are other educational enrichment projects we see as possible additions to our entry-level job-readiness endeavor. Individuals above age 24 will be able to participate in adult education in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania, offered to other groups. However, the classes will not be free until we secure sponsorship for them. These classes are open during evening hours to accommodate the participants’ schedules.